Prayer

My relationship with God grows more and more.  I just wanted to take this time to remind my readers of the power of prayer.  I hope this short post blesses you and your heart!

Prayer is an amazing thing.  It is a gift, a way to have an amazing relationship with our Lord; it renews our spirit, and it is available to us 24/7.

I have really been focusing a lot lately on praying for my husband.  At our church's Ladies Retreat last October, we were given some books.  I know I have mentioned it before, but I wanted to mention the book again:  The Power of a Praying Wife.  It has blessed my heart immensely.  Here is a little excerpt from the author.  I encourage you to apply any friend, family, or even co-worker's name in to the space where "husband's name" is listed  - then sit back and let God take over with confidence that He knows what he is doing.

Lord, I pray that You will give (husband’s name) an added measure of faith today. Enlarge his ability to believe in You, Your Word, Your promise, Your ways, and Your power. Put a longing in His heart to talk with You and hear Your voice. Give him an understanding of what it means to bask in Your presence and not just ask for things. May he seek You, rely totally upon You, be led by You, put You first, and acknowledge You in everything he does.
Prayer from The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian
James 1:6-8, Romans 14:23, Matthew 17:20, Galatians 2:20, Romans 5:1



Comments