Some like it hot...

 It's been a very hot summer. Temps lately have been over 100 degrees that doesn't include the heat index. Those who know me will attest that I prefer the heat as I freeze 6 months out of the year and wear socks almost year around.  However, end of next week is September which means fall (my favorite season) is just around the corner! I absolutely LOVE fall! I love the colors, the weather, the foods, the scents and my favorite jeans with a sweater. This year I am looking forward to a change of seasons for more than one reason. For those of you who may not know, it's been an exceptionally trying year.  It was smooth sailing until summer hit.  It started off amazing with the birth of our grandson and a trip to Florida to meet him.  Yes, it's absolutely true what they say about being a grandparent. It's love on a completely different level!  We are many states away, but my heart explodes with love when I think about him.  

After our visit, I had jury duty. Of course, I was selected among 13 others out of a pool of about 60+. And my husband jinxed me saying in advance it would be for a murder trial.  Oh my goodness, talk about mental exhaustion. The trial itself lasted close to 4 days but the whole process was eye opening.  After that stress, my husband was in a severe (single) car accident about 3 hours from home right after 4th of July.  He walked away with minimal injuries (but with injuries that take longer to heal) and the rental car was completely totaled. We've been dealing with that, insurance, medical bills, him losing his job, mental anguish, and abundance blessings from God who his holding my hand the whole way. Thankfully I work well under pressure and go into "military spouse mode." It's a healing and trying process for both of us but one that is absolutely possible. I know that God will test my faith on my journey but I'm so thankful that he is with me every step of the way. There's absolutely no way I could do this without Him as he gives me strength and encouragement from the most unlikely places.
With that being said, my love of crafting was put on the back burner. I did make some cards a couple of months ago and today I jumped in and made my first fall card.  
I've been reading a bit more (something I haven't done for pleasure in over 20 years) on my healing journey, listening to podcasts, listening to my favorite songs, stretching more and once the heat of summer winds down I can spend more time outside.





Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Romans 12:12



Comments