Almost...

It's almost that time of year for me...rhubarb strawberry pie (or crumble, depending on what ingredients I feel like using)!!

I have rhubarb chopped and ready to use in my freezer.  I also just bought extra strawberries to put in my Pimm's.  I guess if we don't eat them all tomorrow night with our friends (2 other couples, game night!), I can make the dessert.  I tried to make it every year (I couldn't in Turkey as I couldn't locate any rhubarb).  It brings back warm memories of my grandparents and their home in Winfield, KS.  I wonder if the rhubarb still grows beside the garage...my grandmother made it every year and I looked forward to it.  

To appease my appetite for it, I purchased the below drink.  I was fascinated with how it would taste.  It was surprisingly good.  Not amazing, but good.  I would get it again!


There was a baby shower last weekend at the chapel.  Here is the card I made using the scallop punches and window punch.  I was "Pinspired."  You can find that inspiration here.


I miss seeing a blue sky all day like the midwest.  Clouds, clouds, some sun..some rain..and more clouds.  These clouds especially caught my eye.  They actually reminded me of those Kansas stormy days.  I've never seen ones like this before and had to photo them.  Look at the "swoops" on the bottom...fascinating.

Although we didn't have any rain from these clouds, it did rain later on in the day.  

We are in a countdown...our listing of choices for our next duty assignment comes out in TWELVE days!  Almost there!!




Comments