Hook, Line and Sinker

Below is a photo of my lovely roses from hubby on Valentine's Day.  I had to share them.


A while back I went to my first auction.  It was a great experience here in England.  I've purchased some little antiques here and there:  a tea trolley, teapots, a sewing stand and spinning wheel chair.  They're not super old antiques, but I like them.  After going to the auction, I think I'm officially hooked on antiques!  I'm not into the "chic and shabby" look where they're painted and distressed.  I prefer the original stains.  Kent and I also enjoy watching The Antiques Roadshow.  There is even a UK version we can watch here.

I found the below desk (I have been searching for some time now) for the kids.  It has the barley twist legs on it which is very popular here.  This will be a nice place for the kids to spread out with their homework rather than using the dining room table (which caused much complication when it came time for supper.

The kids love it, and so do I!  I already have my eye on a buffet hutch.  I hope to find something to display my teapots in but also is functional for cabinet storage.  Keep checking back or sign up to follow my blog so you'll know when I fell victim to the hook, line and sinker of the antique world!


Comments