O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree!

 Did I mention I was excited to be back in Kansas again?  Just to re-iterate, I'm excited to be back in Kansas again!  Especially for the holidays. We have not spent Christmas with family since....er...2007!  Thanksgiving with family was 2014 (up until 2 weeks ago!)

Such a feeling of peace in my heart.  I did my due diligence with my husband being in the military and sacrificing living overseas and always living away. Moving to Kansas is an answer to over 20 years of praying.  God answers prayers - in his time, not ours!

I'm sure our parents are jumping for joy inside too.  As a parent myself, now with my kids being young adults, I see the angst and heartbreak my parents felt while we were away. Praise the Lord we've always had supportive parents who understood the mission.

My Christmas card mail-out list has gone down over the years.  I remember making and mailing out 120 Christmas cards when we moved to Turkey in 2008.  Of course, I only received about 40. As the years have gone by, and the friends/lack thereof has dwindled, and price of stamps keeps ever-rising, I have cut back on my production.  

I made 2 "types" of Christmas cards this year. Once is from a kit called "Paper Pumpkin"  by Stamping Up I subscribe to and the other was inspired by Dawn's Stamping Thoughts "double fold card" design.  I made 35 plus the ones in the kit.  Of course, I used my own flair.

Remember this holiday season to:

  • Tell your family you how much you love them (they're stuck with you so they have to love you!)
  • Tell your friends how special they are in your lives (and that you love them!)
  • Remember the reason for the season (Happy birthday Jesus!  Thank you for coming to this world to save us all - we must open our hearts to you and accept you as our Savior. We can't get to heaven on works alone. We must be proactive, and you've given us a gift that we must choose to open and receive).

May you feel the Lord's loving arms wrapping around you and giving you peace in your heart. Christmas blessings to you, thank you for stopping by!









Comments