Favorite Fall season, dear to my heart

 My family has made several transitions since I last posted.  It's been almost 2 years since my husband retired military.  My daughter graduated high school and started college.  My husband has a new job and we moved 5 states northwest from Florida to Kansas.  Yes, we left Florida to go to Kansas.  My husband thinks we were crazy to give up Florida life, but we know that it is time to go back to our roots.  We will be adding a new addition to the family...a sweet daughter-in-law as of Dec 31, 2021.  We couldn't be more excited for our son who is in his last year of college working on a ministerial degree.  We know God has big plans for them both!  We miss the kids dearly but know that it's a great time for them as they spread their wings.

With a transition to Kansas comes many challenges.  Finding new places for our "stuff," making new friends, and getting into a new routine.  I think we're 97% unpacked.  At this rate, if I haven't unpacked it, I probably do not need it.  Right?

I'm still looking for some of my stuff.  Of course, if we were in the Florida house I'd know right where it is.  It will eventually show up...

The last craft items I made were Easter cards.  At that time, it was time to organize and pack with anticipation of a new crafting area.  As I still work on that, I couldn't help but make some fall cards.  After all, fall IS truly my favorite season.  Being in the midwest makes me appreciate it all the more.  I truly missed the trees changing colors and cool morning air.  Not to mention the smell of burning leaves.  

With that being said, I took to making some leaf cards and (of course) bake some banana bread.  I added a twist as it became pecan praline banana bread.  I shared it with my neighbors.

Thanks for stopping by my page to read about our changes, God continues to be our rock!  Like many of the friends and family across the states, there have been so many challenges, losses, and heartbreaks.  

(I didn't make this, but bought at a craft fair, so cute!)




May you feel his blessings surrounding you this lovely season.

Comments