Fall scents...

A week ago I was invited to join in on a presentation.  The base welcomed a visiting author, Deb Perelman.  There was a "pre-party" at the commander's home.  Those attending were encouraged to visit the website and bring a dish.  There were SO many options to choose from, and everyone brought something different!  What are the odds of that?  I chose to make a pumpkin butter.  The recipe can be found HERE.  I also made some homemade bread to go with it.  Needless to say, the house smelled AMAZING with all the pumpkin, spices, and homemade bread smells.  I don't think any candle could have topped the aroma in our home!

Below is a photo of my bread and pumpkin butter.  I did tweak the recipe a little to my taste.  You can email me if you want those details.

At the presentation that followed, Deb made these wonderful 
Apple cider caramels to share.  "Smooth like butta" is an understatement.  They were divine.  



Below is another Halloween card.  I used the Top Note die cut and Peekaboo Frames die cut from Stampin' Up.  I also used the 1 3/8" circle punch, and some miscellaneous stamps from my stateside visit a couple of years ago.


My daughter and I celebrated the first official day of fall (on the 22nd) by breaking out all our fall decorations.  The house is quite festive with hanging spiders, scarecrow decor and pumpkins.  The best part is that my husband returns from his 6 month deployment in a couple of weeks (give or take), and he'll be here to go pumpkin patch picking with us!  God is amazing!

Comments