Seeing Red!

My favorite color is red.  I like to paint my toes red, my placemats are red, my favorite shirt is red, I love red Twizzlers, my bedspread has red in it...you get the idea.  If I wasn't in temporary housing (in the military, nothing is forever) I'd have a red wall or even a red door.

The only time I don't like red is when I get a migraine.  I'm battling one right now while I wait for my ibuprofen to kick in.  I get "sparkly" vision which sometimes is spotty colors of red.

We had craft club this past Tuesday (yipee!!) and the card I made had red in it:

I got the idea from HERE on a Pinterest link but added my own twist to it.  I used my new stamp set Happy Thoughts with the cherry cobbler ribbon and ink.

My son is doing The Amazing Race through club beyond.  Last year he was on the green team.  We didn't sign up before the states, and when we we returned the green team was full.  So he's on the red team (yeah, red!)  We try to go all out:  red clothing, jackets, face paint (when it's not raining), and I bought these huge red clown-like glasses with a red frame.  The Amazing Race is held on 4 Mondays where you use teamwork to gain points.  The kids really get into it, and it's a great time to bond with friends before school starts.  It's also centered around God and how there might not always be power in numbers, but power in believing in yourself and friends.


A friend that I knew when we were stationed at Whiteman AFB moved here 2 months ago.  We went out to lunch yesterday in Lakenheath Village at a restaurant called Little India.  How delicious!  Here's the appetizer I received.  By the time the food arrived, I forgot to take that photo because it looked so good and I saw starving!  This is "Sheesh Kebab."  The best part about it was (of course) the red sauce on the side!  The second best part is the silver object - it is a lemon squeezer.  I need one of these!




Comments