I can't believe it - I'm headed to the states this next week!  I'm very excited yet I have butterflies in my stomach.  I'm not traveling with the family this time - flying solo.  Plane tickets were just too much for the kids.  It's that time in my life when my 20-year HS reunion has arrived.  Will others recognize me?  Will I recognize them?  Will friends bring up memories and I'll have a "deer in the headlight look" because I can't recall that version?

Regardless, I'm so excited for family time, warm (ok, HOT) weather, outdoor swimming pools, Walmart, Target, Kohl's, Hobby Lobby & Michaels, Bed Bath & Beyond, and most importantly:  good 'ol American restaurants!!  I miss "American" chinese food and mexican restaurants AND a really good STEAK.  I've been trying to make my recent food intake portions smaller...gotta balance it out when I gorge myself back home!!

All military spouses can relate to another favorite thing - "friend" time.  I've made friends along the way who I will always hold in my heart, but I also have some true friends that have kept up their end of the deal since we graduated HS - they get me - they understand me - they don't judge me - they can speak from their heart and know that I'll listen and get it.  That's been a void in my life since 2008 when we moved overseas is a constant true friend that I can: hang with, be stupid with, just show up unannounced.  But as military spouses, we are used to it.  We're used to the "want to be a friend" but not "get too close" because we know how it'll tear us apart when our husband's job just up-and-moves us to another country.  

Ok, enough of that sappiness..here's one of my favorite projects.

And inside is a fun surprise:

So if you are fortunate enough to have a best friend that's within a 1 hr drive from you - don't forget to let them know how much you care and keep up your end of the deal.  Good friends ARE hard to come by!
Love and hugs to ALL of those friends who have come and gone in my life - I thank God for the footprints you've left behind.


Comments