Bittersweet

This summer has flown by as usual, but there's a different feel to it.  Yes, we've gone to the beach, taken a cruise, had cookouts, been swimming, visited with family and so on.  God has truly blessed us!  

The different feel comes with the first born leaving the nest.  Yes, that's right. Isaac heads to college one week from today. This mother has asked herself:
"Did I raise my son in a Christian home?"
"Have I been too hard on him sometimes?"
"Was I too easy on him?"
"Did I raise him so he's prepared to be a man in this world?"
"Did I do it right?"

I think these are typical questions that moms ask themselves when the day comes and our kids step out into adulthood.
No, it hasn't been easy.  Isaac was a beautiful baby with bright blue eyes.  He was also up and walking at 10 months old and into EVERYTHING.  He was stubborn and ornery.  He was exhausting.

But he was also loving, funny as all get out and a very likable kid.  He loved the outdoors (still does), built stick forts, turned legos into weapons and swords, loved playgrounds, and loved all kinds of animals (he's our encyclopedia for different kinds of snakes and exotic creatures).

We've almost completed the college shopping list and haven't eaten in the very full dining room as it's presently overflowing with those college "essentials."  We're just about as ready as we can be.

When I sit back and reflect on how we've lived in Nebraska, Missouri, Turkey, England, Florida, visited Paris and Belgium, and how Isaac even went to the Austrian Alps...I can see how awesome he's turned out.  He's been molded along the way, growing in Christ.  He's polite, respectful, still funny and seeks to serve our Lord.  What more could I ask for?  

Please pray with me as Isaac turns the pages of this next chapter in his life. Pray for wisdom, guidance, life-long friendships and a shield of protection.  I've heard that Satan attacks those especially who want to go in the ministry.  With your prayers and God's love, Isaac can head to college and continue to serve.  Well done son!  We are so proud of you and love you very much.

Matthew 25:21 (KJV) His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Comments