Fall in Florida for this Kansas girl

The pine needles are shedding, the leaves are falling, and our pinecones are dropping.  I can't keep up with them!  Thankfully I haven't been under a tree when one of the gargantuan pinecones falls to the ground.  Ouch - that would hurt!

Here is a photo of a large pinecone from some fall cleanup:  


I've been working on some October cards for family and friends, I will be posting several photos this week, here are some to start

(Front cover):


(Inside)


We went to a pumpkin patch a couple of weeks ago.  One word:  HOT
Remind me to wait until mid October to go next year.  It was their opening day, and it was about 96 degrees, and we were one of the few idiots that went.  We were all sweaty and miserable.  The poor kids got lost in corn maze and we had to go help them out.  The hay ride was full sun of course, and they didn't even want to do the teeter totter.  Ok, maybe because they're ages 13 and 17 now....but, I thought they might at least try. NOPE!
At least I did get a photo of a beautiful sunflower (yes, sunflowers in Florida for this Kansas girl) and we took a couple of pumpkins home that compliment my door.  

Happy Fall!







Comments