It's More Than Bunnies and Eggs

I was just thinking about St. Patrick's Day, shamrocks, the color green and 
BAM!
Easter popped it's little head around the corner!

I hope you had a truly blessed Easter celebration.  It's an important week in the life of Christ - a pivotal moment in history that we certainly cannot overlook.

The older I get and the more my christianity develops, the more I realize that  I don't want my kids to think of the Easter bunny when they think of Easter.  The first thing I want to pop in their heads in Jesus.  Plain and simple.  I want them to think of Jesus' last days on this earth, not about plastic eggs filled with candy.  Yes the eggs are fun and filled with delicious num-nums!

Spring is a wonderful celebration.  Baby animals are being born, the winter blues are subsiding, crops are growing and fields are greening up.  Although our Easter was filled with about 72 hours of rain this year, we still went to church like we do every Sunday and welcomed those who only go twice a year.  I prayed that God would soften their hearts, give them a desire and longing to want a stronger relationship with Him, and that they would see the true meaning of Easter.  I also pray that they see the need to belong to a church and have a church family whether it's ours or the church down the street.  

With that being said, I made some spring and Easter cards:






I came across a new way to make boiled eggs (Olivia loves deviled eggs).  Put in a mini muffin tin, bake 30 minutes at 325 degrees, then immediately submerse in ice water until cool.  Worked great!!



May Jesus' light ignite your heart with a burning desire to know Him.  I pray that you have a blessed spring season.  I think Puxatawny Phil needs to retire...my family in Kansas had snow on Easter morning.  



Comments