Comfort

I think many of us associate our favorite holidays with the word "comfort."  Whether we're with someone that we hold dear to our heart, or we are eating a favorite food.  I find Christmas season to be filled with activities or things that bring me comfort:  My mom's Orange Balls, hot chocolate, a ham or turkey on the dinner table, your favorite cookies, a cup of hot tea.  
My sorority recently had a cookie exchange at my home.  It was fun seeing the various kinds of cookies and it was even more fun having a "sampler" of them all.  I made sugar cookies that were cut out with icing.  At our meetings, the hostess usually has a gift raffled off.  I recently made some mixes for family when we ventured to Kansas for Thanksgiving.  The recipes made large batches, so I definitely wanted to share the love.  I made a Christmas Tea mix as well as a "3-2-1 Cake in a Mug" mix too.  I originally made a yellow cake and a chocolate cake.  I wanted to share the recipes with you!
Christmas Tea (also known as Friendship Tea) instructions:


Here is the recipe:
2 cups instant dry tea
2 cups orange Tang
4 cups sugar
1 cup lemonade mix
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ground cloves
1 cup cinnamon candies
Mix together in a large bowl and ladle into glass jars.

The serving instructions on the tag should read: Stir 2 heaping teaspoons into a mug of steaming hot water. Enjoy with a good book in front of a warm fire!


The 3-2-1 Cake Mix was SO easy!  I highly encourage you to try it, as it's a Weight Watchers recipe too.  My poor daughter had a slight tummy ache as her momma made her try about 4 samples of the cake in a mug flavors.  She was certainly "caked-out."  I guess you can have too much cake!


Here are those instructions: 


Basic 3-2-1 Cake: Combine 1 package of angel food cake mix with 1 package of regular cake mix (any flavor will do - chocolate, vanilla, spice, lemon, etc.). Store in an airtight container. When ready to serve add to a microwave safe dish sprayed with cooking spray. Stir in 2 tablespoons of water and microwave for 1 minute. Done.

Here is a link to print out lables:


Surround yourself this Christmas and holiday season with those you love and who bring you comfort.  If anything, it will calm your spirit and remind you of the true reason for the season.

Comments