A mouse

We had a wonderful time last weekend.  We saw a mouse.  A mouse you ask?  Yes, the friendly, black eared-5 ft tall-talking mouse Mickey.  It was my kids' first visit to Disney and it was a great weekend!  Pricey, yes, but worth it!  I've been 3x now in my life:  when I was 6, on my honeymoon, and in my 40's.  I loved MK (that's slang for Magic Kingdom) and how it hasn't changed much over the years.  They still have It's a Small World, the Teacups, but have some awesome rollercoasters too.  And we rode all of them!!  It was great being care-free and just letting go.  

I finally found the purse pictures!  I made this purse and also made 4 coordinating cards.  I gave it away as a door prize when I hosted Beta Sigma Phi meeting at my home in September.  It was well received.  Here they are:





I also have a pumpkin goodie to throw in from a die-cut my friend shared with me.  The picture doesn't do justice, as it's missing the battery tea-light in it.  Trust me, it's super cute!!!    More seasonal crafts coming soon!



I do remember a not-so-fun story about a mouse when my kids were 7 and 3.  My husband was deployed to Iraq and it was warming up outside in Missouri early May.  I wanted to bake some brownies (I hadn't used the oven in a while) so I preheated the oven.  There was this horrible stench!  I realized a furry critter was being cooked.  I immediately turned it off, let it cool and went searching.  I pulled out the bottom drawer entirely, looked under the cookie sheets, and to no avail couldn't find it.  I soon realized he had climbed up inside somewhere.  I didn't know what to do!!  I called my father-in-law and asked his advice.  He said "put the oven on the CLEAN option," (this was a gas oven) and take the kids outside to play.  You have to burn it out."  
EWWWW!!  But I did it and it solved the problem. Thankfully it was beautiful enough to open the windows and air out the house.  I was also thankful that the smell didn't linger around like burnt toast or burnt popcorn. I still make a "stinky" face when I tell the story or think about it.  Well, it's not my stinky face below, but rather, my sweaty face with my cute hubby wearing my mouse shirt in sunny Orlando:  

Have a blessed day in the name of the Lord!

Comments