It Came and Then it Went

In a nutshell, the title of this blog is referring to our summer.  It was a wonderful summer where we relaxed, did the things we love, and we stretched it out as far as we could!

School has started and I think I am too young to be the mother of a 10th grader and a 7th grader!  Yikes!

The first couple of weeks have gone relatively smoothly.  That puts a relief on my heart!

Here is a photo of a quick visit to the beach the first weekend AFTER school started!

We have seen lots of animals recently:

These birds were not shy at all sharing the beach with us!


Yes, this is a hummingbird who is visiting outside out kitchen window!




And check out this guy!  He was outside my window at work.  Yikes!  The cooler weather in the morning certainly tricked him into thinking it was time to store up some fat for the winter.  I never knew there were so many bears in Florida...did you?





Just a heads up, I have been VERY crafty lately with a dear friend of mine.  I even took a day off work to craft and loved spending 7 hours with her!  But those projects were more geared towards fall, and I had to do a back-to-school project.  These cute cards I made in no time at all.  I even tried white Memento ink for the first time and loved it!  So much better than the SU craft ink pad:



My kids would not have appreciated these cards, but I did mail one off to my friend (who now lives in Nebraska) who has a daughter that just started college in Virginia.  She used to be in card club with us in England and I know she'll get a kick out of it!

“You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”
-Winnie the Pooh

Fall crafts will be posted soon...stay tuned!  Have a blessed rest of the week and thanks for stopping by!


Comments