Tick Tock

I know I've said this before, but honestly, where does the time go?  I admit that I haven't crafted much lately.  Not as much as I'd like anyways.  (I do have some almost-finished cards on my work desk).  I find it difficult to find time to buy groceries too, as Publix and Winn Dixie stores are closer, but cost more.  Walmart is farther but costs less (and filled with people that make me cringe).  Sure makes me miss my Abel and Cole home delivery in England!  

Is it really true I haven't blogged since 4th of July?  Is it really true school starts for my kids in less than 3 weeks?  Is it really true that I am almost the mother of a 16 year old? Yes, Yes and Yes!

With the latter, I almost get teary-eyed thinking about my 16 year old.  I just want to hold him forever and never let him go into this big, bad world.  He'll be a sophomore this year and seems to be turning more and more into the man I hoped he'd become as he's soon released into the real world in just a couple of years. I can only keep trying to equip him with the knowledge he'll need to become the person God intends for him to be.

On a lighter topic, he's started driving.  He's getting ready to get his learner's permit.  I have to giggle inside when he sits behind the wheel of the minivan in our neighborhood as he hesitates to add more gas and is content just "coasting" along.  So far so good, but I certainly do have to push him and work on his confidence level.

We've had a good summer and have much to be thankful for.  We had visits from both our parents in Kansas, attended 2 beach weddings, seen dolphins, taken boat rides, attended cookouts, and the kids will very soon attend church camp.  

I have plans to be incredibly crafty to make up for lost time in the next couple of weeks.  And as we all know, with it being August soon (tomorrow!) that means fall is just around the corner.

Comments