Right Around the Corner...

It's the last school week for my kids.  Right around the corner will officially be "summer" to them.  A couple of months ago, you'd think the world was coming to an end with difficult Algebra questions and frustrated teenagers in my house.

I'm relieved not to have to recall how to do math problems for a while, not to have to get up at 5:30am with my daughter for her to catch that 6:05 bus to school, and not to have to ask my kids the after-school questions:  Do you have homework tonight?  Do I need to sign anything?  Any reports due this week?  Do you need to print anything out?  Any tests to study for?  Did you wear deodorant?  Hahaha...

With school being out tends to be the time for weddings.  Living overseas for the past 6 years, we didn't attend any weddings.  Take that back, not on purpose.  We came across a wedding in Turkey and I was having fun admiring the new bride's wedding dress and bridal party.  They even decorated the car with a bow across the hood.

We are attending a nephew's wedding next weekend near Naples, FL.  This will be my daughter's FIRST wedding!  (I'm secretly very excited for her).  I think all kids should experience attending a wedding.  To see a couple take that act of commitment in front of God and family/friends.

Here are a couple of wedding cards.  I'm sure the soon bride-to-be feels the wedding is right around the corner, and I know we feel the same way as we get to see my in-laws that we haven't seen since Thanksgiving.

I wanted to go with "beach" colors.  And, I had to include my wedding photo as well as my sister's (where my son was a ring bearer...)  And with school being out this week, my son will next be a sophomore and my daughter will be in the 7th grade.  Yikes!  That IS right around the corner!  {sniff}

I embossed the flower on both cards and reversed the words (on inside/outside). 

Thanks for stopping by!





Comments