Mother's Day 2015

This time last year I was oceans away in another country envisioning being back stateside.  Wondering where I would be, if the weather would be good, if the kids would like their new school and Kent his job, if I'd have employment, etc.  I am still warming up to the fact that I live in Florida.  Kent and I were just talking about how it still seems surreal.

I woke up yesterday morning with abundant blessings on my heart:  the weather is amazing, we live in the states, we have a gorgeous home, I have a wonderful family, we have our health, we have a new church home, we have a garage and closets (I do not miss England teeny tiny homes)...SO much to be thankful for!  It was a great day with breakfast made by my family, flowers, lunch out after church, and a movie in the afternoon.

Of course I wish I lived closer to family, but God doesn't have it in our cards right now, so I will accept that and call them every week just as I have since I was 18!

Here are my Mother's Day cards!  I tried to post these yesterday but I had difficulty retrieving them in my upgraded Photos program on my computer.  FINALLY, here they are!  I love embossing and wanted to try and make the  most of it with the flower and words.  I also wanted all three to be unique in their own way.  My mother-in-law's is first, my sister's in the middle, and my mother's is shown last with the dragonfly:




I was also busy last weekend with some landscaping.  Here are my new flowers!  I love how they look.  Previously in this pot was a branchy, dead, grass-growing SOMETHING that has since been picked up by the compost trash workers.  I'll never know if it bloomed or not, but it was so unattractive.  This is much better!


And finally, here are the results of sweat, labor, and sore muscles (and 35 lava rock bags along with 4 topsoil bags) that I did all by myself!  My first attempt ever at landscaping!  Please leave a comment and let me know what you think!  


(the dead grass that used to line up right next to the house - how unattractive.  Now to work on trying to grow grass on the sand.  Yes, under our dirt is a mixture of sand!  Maybe this is why my sunflowers didn't survive in the back yard???)


What you see when you drive by the house.  Thanks for visiting my blog, please share it with family and friends and if you have a google account, please "follow!"
Have a God-filled week!


Comments