Luncheon

Last weekend was a mother / daughter luncheon at church.  They invited us to sign up to decorate tables. I thought it would be appropriate if I decorated 2 (if they needed me to); one of England and one of Turkey.  Along with that, I wanted those at my tables to have a take-home goodie. 

I decided a tea bag was a nice and affordable treat.  I originally wanted to give each tea bag a butterfly that could sit upon the rim of a mug or tea cup.  I the realized that would be a difficult task in getting the butterfly to fit various sizes of cups.

I did manage to give each tea bag string a butterfly - but the butterflies were not as functional as I intended.  I still like how they turned out:





They did end up needing me to decorate the 2 tables.  I forgot to take a photo of the finished product, but had fun putting out my teapots, cake stand, some England recipe booklets, some biscuits and tea cups along with plates.  Check back soon to see the take home I made for my turkish table!

Comments