Variety

I've been working on some odds and ends lately.  Getting caught up on some things that I've been putting off.  For those of you who don't have sewing machine out all the time, you can understand the concept of making a pile.  And when the pile starts to get to you, you can work on many projects on the same day.  That's what I've been doing this week.  

I fixed a handle on a bag and finally made Olivia a new cover for her Bible.  Thankfully I had done this once before (about 7 years ago) so it was nice to have a template.  She can't stand the color pink now, but when I made the first one, pink wasn't so bad.  I made sure to give her some bookmark ribbons (sewn in) and implemented a new concept I have seen on other items at Walmart.  It's an elastic closure.  I've seen these closures on notepads, diaries, etc., but never on a Bible cover.  Here's the before and after.  I'm pretty proud of myself!






I'm also working on some placemats (I'll post another day) and hope to put some stitching on cards before I put my sewing machine away.  Speaking of cards, I made one recently for my niece.  I saw this cute idea and decided it was fun and perfect for her:



It's nice to break up the monotony of making cards only...
After all, variety is the spice of life!  Oh that reminds me -- I need to go stir the chili on the stove and add some more cumin.  Yummy!  See you soon!

Comments