Pi

I've never been a math nerd whiz by any means.  My husband is the brains in this family when it comes to the sciences and I'm envious of his ability to solve problems almost instantaneously out of thin air.  I know my son (9th grader) feels the same way I do and this 3rd nine weeks of school was a test of all of our math skills!  (Thank goodness we can put it behind us and hope the last nine weeks are easier).

Today, March 14th, is National Pi Day.  Yes, I'm spelling it correctly (English is my forte) as I'm referring to the math "Pi" of 3.14.  Pi was invented in 1706 by mathematician from Wales ( yeah!  I've been there, lol!)

This is an especially exciting time for those math peeps as not only does it fall on a Saturday (once every 100 years) but when written out today is 31415.  AND...are you ready for this?  At 9:26 (and 53 seconds) a.m. today, it will include the first 10 digits that are used in Pi!  I do agree that it's pretty cool.  I found all this information HERE (see, I'm still a good person in citing my sources!  hahaha)

We had company last night for supper.  I wanted to make pie, but didn't have all the ingredients in my house.  So I made cupcakes instead.  The cupcakes served two purposes as they're also green velvet (love it!) which goes in conjunction with St. Patrick's Day coming up soon.  Hey, they're still in a circle shape which involves Pi!  :)

Here are my cupcakes.  I tried to make some of them more of the whoopee pie style.  Plus, it's easier to eat those and not get icing up your nose!


Today would be an excellent excuse if you need one to indulge and treat yourself to pie.  Go ahead, indulge!



Comments