Finding the good in the sad

My husband's family suffered a loss last week to a great woman, his grandmother.  It's the last "grandparent" between him and me to pass on.  My husband took out to Kansas last week with our teenage son (I stayed here w/ our daughter and the dog).  We knew that my daughter had quite a bit of school work and the extra expense to kennel the dog ($20 a day) would have just really hurt our budget even more. (Gas alone ended up being over $300).

His grandmother was born in 1917.  I can't even fathom the rough times she went through as did all of our grandparents.  Like my grandparents, she came from a good sized family.  She was one of 6 and had 6 children.  My husband braved the terrible roads from the recent "Quantum Storm" that hit and made it home safely today.  He said it was so great seeing cousins and family that he hadn't seen in years.  One cousin there he was able to catch up with that he last saw when he was 12!  

I made a couple of cards while he was gone with his grandmother in mind.  I hope you like them.  The photo doesn't show the colors right - the flowers and butterflies don't look like they match colors right, but it looks better in person.

It's sad to tell family goodbye but we're so blessed that she didn't pass while we lived in England or during our transitional move last November back stateside.  Praise God!

I also worked on another project, so check back soon to see that one!  Rest in peace A.T.  I know we'll see you again some day.





My daughter and I went to the beach on Saturday.  The waves were wild but the sun was shining. 





Comments