Yum yums...

We were invited by our neighbors for a cookout.  We had a great visit getting to know them.  It was a bit chilly, so only the grill master was outside making the sacrifice so those inside could enjoy the warmth.  Yes, it does get cold in Florida!

I shared a corn dip with our new friends as well as a light blueberry dessert.  They both seemed to be well received.  The hostess also had a cheese dip.  It was a Rotel cheese dip with sausage in it, and also had a new ingredient for me - cream cheese.  Wow!  It MADE the dip fabulous! 

I took some photos of how I made the corn dip.  My craft room isn't ready yet for creativity, so it's currently coming from the kitchen.  All ingredients to be used are pictured below with the exception of minced garlic that I later added and Lime juice (which I didn't have on hand, but I think would have been the icing on the cake so to speak) :



I drained the corn and rinsed off the black beans with one of my favorite P. Chef tools:

The beans before rinsed...ick! 

I visited a couple of websites looking or a corn dip or corn salsa.  I ended up combining ingredients from both.
They are as follows:

1 can corn (frozen would work too)
1 can black beans rinsed
1/2 Cup onion of your choice (red, yellow or white)
Diced tomatoes (I used 1/2 a tomato, you could use canned diced as well - drained)
2 Tbsp Lemon juice
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp red pepper
1-2 Tbsp cilantro (I used McCormick, but fresh would have been better - more or less to taste)
1-2 tsp Weber Roasted Garlic and herb seasoning
1 - 2 garlic cloves (I used store-bought minced, 2-3 tsp. to taste)

Mix all well and chill at least a couple of hours before serving with Scoops, Tortilla chips of your choice or even Triscuit crackers.

I usually don't follow "recipes to a T", so feel free to be flexible with what you like when you make it yours. 

Here's a photo of the finished product:


Thanks for stopping by!  Check back soon for my Pretzel and Blueberry dish I took too.  Thanks S and N for a lovely time!



Comments