Up cycling

A word I seem to run into more and more all the time is "up cycling."  It's a nice change from recycling (where we think of saving the environment, turning trash into treasures, etc.)

I was recently inspired by a post my mother-in-law put on my Facebook page (of course, I can't find it so you'll have to take my word for it).  I took the challenge and made the creation below.  It was super easy to pick up freshly fallen and colorful leaves.  I rolled them up overlapping as I went.  Here's my finished product:


Sadly, I put it in our compost bin when I was finished.  Moving back across the Atlantic limits us on what we take with us in our suitcases and this didn't make the cut.  Besides, I can't imagine how it would look upon arrival after being tossed around by the workers at the airports.  It was easy enough that now I have a good foothold to make more next fall.

At last Monday's card club, Kristy (the hostess) had made some super cute decorations up cycling some glass bottles.  Wine bottles, soda bottles, etc.  She said she used spray paint and I thought they were so adorable!  It's nice to see fun fall decorations even when I have practically none myself.


I think the icing on the cake of card club was Joanne's sticky toffee pudding with salted caramel topping.  OMG!  This was DIVINE!  Popped into the microwave for 30 seconds to heat up and served with a dollop or two of ice cream.  It makes me hungry thinking about it.  For those of you unfamiliar with sticky toffee pudding/cake, it's like carrot cake on crack!  Here's a recipe I found online.  

We're almost into single digits!!!!  Prayers please for our safe travels and for a smooth final out inspection of our rental.  Thank you!


Comments