A Better Person

As our time here in England winds down, I reflect on the abundant blessings that have been given to us.  I have such a great respect and perspective of the world, other cultures, and value all the opportunities that have been bestowed upon us.

I hope to take back with me some wonderful European ways of life:


  • Eating healthier and using more seasonings/spices/herbs in my cooking
  • Recycle, recycle, recycle
  • Support local farmers and businesses
  • Not only stop and smell the roses, but smile at your neighbor, and make time to have a cuppa (yes, that means cup of tea) with a friend
  • Avoid the calling of being lazy by walking more (to the local store, etc.) when able
  • Don't take life so seriously or let "it" (whatever that may be in your particular walk of life) get you down 
  • Experience what your area has to offer (trips, museums, camping, nature reserves, etc)
  • Get out of your routine to keep your spirit alive by doing the things you love


I do miss drive-thrus, businesses being open 24/7, and large shopping malls with stores I love.  But in looking closer, those are materialistic things and not what makes the world go round (at least not in my world).  Don't get me wrong, it will be great to get back to America, land of the free and home of the brave.  Since 2008, we have seen family only four times  - so I'm most excited about that!  Turkey and England were very good to us and I hope our children will look back someday and feel the appreciation I feel today.

I could go on and on philosophically, but I don't want to put my readers to sleep.  Today is my last card club in England, and I'm looking forward to crafting after sitting in an [almost] empty house.  Sadly, I won't be making any Christmas cards this year due to our move stateside.  So expect a masterpiece for 2015!

Here are a couple of photos.  The first photo is the second project we made at card club last month.  Cute little lady bugs with a hidden surprise using the Stampin Up treat cups and some punches.  What a great idea from Kristy!  The second photo is the swap that I am sharing today at club using a framelit.  The theme is Halloween.  

I'm saving another photo for while we're in the hotel.  It has to do with fall and the leaves...and I was inspired by a potential project on FB via my mother-in-law.  The leaves here seemed to have changed quickly and are already falling.  Pop back soon!  

Cheerio!





Comments