Repeat

In relation to my prior blog posting, below is a set of cards I made with similar inspiration from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.  It's almost a repeat.  They are 3"x3" blank little cards and I think they turned out super cute!


I decided it was time to slave away in the kitchen and do some baking.  It coincided with a bake sale our area Girl Scouts were doing for their camp.  

I defrosted the chopped rhubarb the night before and purchased fresh strawberries locally.  Here is a great recipe I found for this delicious crumble. 




It was delicious!  

The rhubarb dessert was a hit with my finicky kids.  I guess you can't go wrong when you use that much sugar as the recipe called for.  In the finished product, it doesn't show all the batter.  My friend received a treat and I put some of the rhubarb dessert in a graham cracker pie'd dish.  I would recommend only using 1/2 of the one cup called for in the recipe of the white sugar.

I was a little sad when I was washing up the empty baking dish in that my childhood memories of my grandmother and her dessert were a bit on the "back burner"  -- until next summer when rhubarb is in season again.

Suppers will start to get interesting as I sift thru my deep freeze chest seeing what needs to be used up before we move.  I was digging in the above/refrig. freezer to see what things I needed to use up...when before my eyes was ANOTHER ziplock baggie of more frozen rhubarb!!  

YIPEEEE!!  
REPEAT!


Comments