Happy 4th of July!!

It was our last 4th of July celebration here in the UK.  Last year was a bit of a downer:  Kent was deployed and the base didn't have any funds to light 'em up.  I understand with budget cuts and all (mostly cuts from the wrong areas mind you).  But last night sure did make up for it!  It was a great celebration out at RAF Feltwell and it was open to the public.  There were rides, food booths, activities, and fireworks.  The weather was fabulous too.  It was bittersweet.  More sweet knowing that next year we'll be back in good 'ol USA.  

Below is one of the projects we made at card club this past Monday.  It's a cupcake holder.  I found a tutorial link through YouTube.  This one I gave to my friend Lori, and then remembered I hadn't snapped a photo of it, so she helped out (hence, the calendar in the background).  Thanks Lori!

The ladies in club seemed to like this project as well as the angel food cupcake I provided for inside.



 The below cards are of course, season appropriate.  I was the recipient of the Remember card during Memorial week.  It inspired me to make the small 3x3 card as a gift for the SU party I had last week.


Finally, here is a photo of the Red Angels that entertained yesterday.  They were amazing! 
THANK YOU so much to all those who have served in the past, present and who will serve in the future.  To those who are deployed, in the states, or serving overseas.  Thank those who serve, they are under appreciated and make amazing sacrifices at home and abroad!

Comments