Mother's Day

I have a wonderful family!  I had such a blessed Mother's Day.  Despite being sick with an ongoing cough and drippy nose, I received breakfast in bed, lunch out, and didn't lift a finger for any household work all day.  It was so great!  THANK YOU to my amazing husband and children for making it an enjoyable day!

Below are cards I made for Mother's Day. The red one was to my mother, and the purple to my MIL.  At the bottom is the card my sister received for Mother's Day.  I love you all!



The base has a Bazaar twice a year.  I finally broke down and purchased a true Welsh Spoon.  These are very symbolic for Wales.  Each one is different and is supposed to reflect your life/family.  They're hand carved.  My spoon has several things it represents.  See the photo below it for descriptions.  The bullets are beside the items included in my spoon.



I also purchased a cookie mold.  This is from Holland and also included a recipe card for the lovely gingerbread flavored cookies it can make.  I'm excited to try this someday.  Hopefully sooner than later.  The tradition of the molds dates back to the 16th century in the Netherlands.  They're also knows as "Dutch speculaas boards."


Lastly, here's the photo of my sister's Mother's Day card.  Check back again soon!  Card club was yesterday, it was fun!!


Comments