Happy May Day!

When I was little, my sister and I loved May Day.  We would make paper "cones" / baskets and fill them with flowers (aka:  weeds), put on a ribbon handle, and distribute them with some neighbors.  I say distribute...but that has a bit more too it.  

We would put the cones on a neighbors door, ring the bell, and RUN!  It was such a thrill!  I still chuckle at it now as I'm sure all the neighbors would see us running off their porch back to our house.  We'd then wait a bit at home and repeat the process with a different neighbor.  They all knew it was "those Murphy girls."  lol

I couldn't let today go by without making a goodie to give away.  I only had time to make one.  I gave it to the teacher I aide with at the school today.  She was very appreciative.  It was filled with recess peanut butter cups rather than dandelions. 
:)

I also remember doing May Day poles with Girl Scouts at Cowtown (although, I don't remember if this was done in May or in the hot summers).  

So I hope you celebrate this "lost" tradition in some way by giving someone a treat to brighten up their day!


 Here is also a spring card I made and wanted to share.  



Comments