The Next Century

Yes, it's official...today is a "century-turner" for me.  I'm celebrating my birthday!

I actually like to celebrate for at least a week.  Last weekend Kent and I went to a hotel with a spa.  We enjoyed a romantic night away with some rest and relaxation.

In all honesty, I've been in denial about this day.  I went to an antique shoppe with my friend, Annette, and had a good laugh at this onion keeper that I purchased.  It just about summed up how I thought I would feel about today:


Then I decided to "cry a river, build a bridge and get over it."  That's exactly what I did (well, I didn't really cry, just tear up a bit).  

I had a great lunch today with about 14 (yes, I have that many friends!) other lovely ladies in Bury St. Edmunds at Nando's Restaurant.  It was delicious!

Tonight I'm celebrating with supper out with the family.  We'll go to a local restaurant.  Saturday might be date night.

Here's a fun article to read.  It eases the pain a bit, lol!

So (raising my glass of wine), as Lucille Ball says it well:

"The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly and lie about your age."





Comments

  1. What's with this "Next Century" Hoopla?? As far as I know, none of us are close to next century in age; so please explain thyself Ms Boithday Goil!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment