Post Christmas

Yesterday we packed up Christmas.  Just like that.  It's come and gone.  I listened to Christmas music while I sorted, organized, and bubble wrapped.  The music didn't feel as powerful as it had a week before.  

This is our last Christmas in England.  This time next year (if all goes according to plan) we'll be stateside after living overseas 6 years.  I had to do an especially good job in packing up my rubbermaid tubs.  I even forced myself to eliminate one box.  {downsize...downsize...}  I know it's just "stuff", but it's also bittersweet.

Here's a pic of the Christmas card I mailed out this year.  It was a from a retired stamp set from Stampin' Up last year.  I wanted to go for more complex but I tried to keep it simple.



There's a famous breakfast around here called the "Scottish Egg."   I ordered one from my home grocery delivery.  It was huge!  It's crunchy on the outside, and is a sausage ball wrapped around a hard boiled egg.  It was good...but in a weird way.  I'm still on the fence about it.  Maybe it would have been better fresh from the oven rather than fresh from the microwave??


With Christmas 2013 past us, it's time to continue focusing on blessings.  I (as mentioned in previous posts) am a firm believer in snail mail...and especially a firm believer in sending thank you cards.  Here are some that family will receive.  I finally used my label card thinlits die.  It was so much easier to use since I received the magnetic platform from my sister as a Christmas gift (thanks sis!):




Check back often...My nephew's birthday is tomorrow, my sister's birthday is Wednesday (as is New Year's Day), my father-in-law's birthday is on the 7th, and my father's birthday is on the 11th.  Phew!  CHECK - their cards are all DONE!  I've been a busy bee!


Comments