Constantly learning...

I'm continually learning things here in England...in my produce delivery box were the normal appearing fruits and vegetables.

Olivia came to me the other day and said, "Mom, there's something wrong with this orange."  I studied it (it looked like a normal orange from the outside), smelled it, and finally ate some of it.  Tasted like an orange!  I researched it and found out it is a "blood orange."  Below is a photo.  I've now seen yellow carrots, purple carrots, and red oranges.  Wait, what??
Yes, they are normal on the outside and red on the inside.  I guess they're best for juicing.  But, regardless, taste just as good!  Below is a photo:


I wanted to brag on my friends a bit...below is a tasty treat from an appetizer potluck after church last Sunday.  Penny and her family made these cute little mice...almost too cute to eat!


Annette popped a Christmas card in the mail that I found wonderful (and the photo doesn't do it justice):



And here's a tasty treat from my british neighbor.  She dropped it off to Isaac while the rest of us were taking Zeus out for a walk.  I don't know what it's officially called.  It's some sort of a raspberry kiwi meringue.  It has a crunch bottom and edge, with a gently-sweet cream in the middle topped with seedless raspberry and kiwis.  Yummy!! Too bad I'll have to return the beautiful plate, hahaha!


Comments

  1. That yummy desert is called a Pavlova and the crunchy bottom is a very large meringue. It is heavenly and one of my favorite British deserts. The top always has whatever fruit is best for the season. They are generally given as presents for dinner. You would bring a bottle of wine and a Pavlova.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know Tracy! Now I can look for a recipe and maybe try it myself... :)

      Delete

Post a Comment