Seasons

When I was younger, I recall November, December and January being "winter."  Sometimes it trickled into February as well.  I feel now that I'm older, that the seasons are changing and winter goes on into March.  It's funny how the seasons change.
We're forced to start thinking about Christmas in October.  That is when they start putting up holiday purchases in stores.  I try not to do anything related to Christmas except my cards and gift buying (for stateside snail mail) any more in advance than necessary.

Here's the project we made at my house for the last card club.  It was a great hit.  The best part about this "card in a box" is that it folds flat for mailing.  The box was scored on my scoreboard and I used my newest framelits on my big shot for the snowflakes.  Some of the snowflakes are embossed too.  It was fun!


Olivia had a project due at school.  She had to use homemade items to create a cross section of an animal cell.  (The nucleus specifically).  I pulled out a homemade play doh recipe card.  Here is her final project.  She did a great job at it!!  


If you'd like directions to make the "card in a box" be sure to "join this site"  (see to the right) and leave a comment requesting it.  Thanks!

P.S.  I finished all 80 of my Christmas cards.  Envelopes and Christmas letter next!  Photos of those will arrive in...December when the season is closer!

Comments