It's all about being thankful

Thanksgiving will be here before we know it!  It puts me in the mood for apple cider, gingerbread, pumpkin pie…
Last weekend was the annual Bazaar.  Treats were requested from Girl Scouts for the volunteers and vendors.  That calls for a trial session!   I'm always willing to make goodies - but I have a tendency to make goodies that I've never made before for strangers.  Is that too scary?

I came across recipe which uses butter, sugar and pumpkin spice.  I didn't use as much butter as the recipe called for.  I also used pecans and almonds.  It's whatever you prefer.  They turned out pretty good.


Here's the finished product.  I think the pecans work better than the almonds personally.


Card club was last Monday.  I participated in the swap.  The theme was using "scraps."  I punched out the leaves using scraps and the red background was in my scrap file too.  After I glued them all on, I punched out the middle.  I had fun multi-coloring the Thanksgiving blessings on it too - which I felt was the icing on the cake.  Too bad I only had enough for one card!  And I didn't win the competition, so the card went to that winner.  Thankfully, I have a photo so I can try to reproduce it!
:(


We also had our swap.  The theme was "winter," so here's the card I created for it.  I used lots of elements:  my cuttlebug for the snowflake embossing, the tab punch has a snowflake that's embossed with silver powder, I die-cut the window, I hand colored snowmen for the window, and I punched a snowflake.  It's not one of my favorite cards I made, but I had fun using several elements.  




Thanks for checking out my blog, hope you enjoyed it and come back soon!  I will be posting our card club project next.  It's awesome so you'll have to check back soon!!!

I am truly thankful to all our military members:  past, present, and future who put themselves out there everyday for the Land of the Free and Home of the BRAVE!  I'm especially thankful for my father's service in the army and my husband's service in the USAF.  (And their elders before them who served.)

 God Bless you all!  Happy Veteran's Day!


Comments