It has begun

Fall is almost here...officially it will occur Sunday, 22 September.  I do enjoy fall with the leaves changing, lazy weekends wrapped up in sweatshirts and pj pants.  The weather has definitely cooled off here in England.  Looks like I'll be wearing a scarf until next spring!

Daylight hours have already begun to dwindle.  Driving home from choir practice tonight at 7:45 p.m. made me realize that I miss those summer evening where it didn't get dark until at least 11:00 p.m.  Here in another month or so, about the time my husband returns from his deployment, it will be dark at 4:00 p.m. in the afternoon.  And it will still be dark at 7:30 a.m. when my kids are at the bus stop in the mornings.  

Craft club was Monday at my home, and the swap theme was "leaves."  Below is the card that I shared with my crafty friends.  I got the idea on Pinterest from this artist.




We also had a potluck at craft club. Here's the dish that I made.  Snicker Caramel Apple Pie.  I facetimed with my sister while I was making this.  She said she felt like she was watching a cooking show.  How funny!  It turned out yummy and was a big hit.  The recipe can be found on this page.



Here are the other swaps from my crafty friends...I continue to be inspired by them!




Check back soon to see photos of the projects we made in preparation for Halloween!

Comments