Good memories

My grandmother used to make a wonderful Strawberry Rhubarb pie.  I never really knew exactly what rhubarb was, but was thrilled when we moved to England to see it on some local menus in the dessert section.  Rhubarb is (to my knowledge) the only "vegetable" that grows back on its own every year.  You can buy it here when in season on the economy in local groceries as well as at stands in front of homes in town.

I purchased some before heading stateside and had prepped it so it would be ready when I returned.

I decided it was too good not to share, and made it for a dessert at last week's Stampin Up party here at my home.  It was SO good!

This is my version of "strawberry rhubarb crumble."  The bottom is a homemade pie crust (recipe from my grandmother).  The top is a yummy brown sugar/oat/butter topping.   Here's a photo before I added the crumble topping.  It's in an 8x8 dish:


Here is a photo of a piece I just gobbled down!  It was (yes, WAS) SO yummy!  I always have fond memories of my childhood with my grandparents in Winfield, KS.  Here's to you, Violet!


I also made some give-aways at the party last week.  Here are a couple of post it note holders as well as a journal book.  The post it note holders are on top of an acrylic photo frame.  The receiver can change the background as they so choose to pertain to seasons too.  The second one also reminds me of my grandmother, as she loved birds!




Comments