A fog...

We arrived safely back in England after a wonderful 4 weeks stateside.  I have lots of photographs to remind me of the precious moments I had with family and friends.  The only thing missing, of course, was my husband who is deployed.

Now I have the battle of fighting jet lag.  I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived that we had no trouble at all adjusting.  It was going "back to the future" that the kids and I have been struggling with.  Today is Saturday, and I'm doing better now than when we arrived Tuesday.  It didn't help that it took us 24+ hours to make it home.  Or the fact that I didn't sleep well the weekend before flying out (couldn't shut my mind off of my "to-do list").  It is hard to function on 3 hours of sleep in almost 2 days!  I fall asleep relatively quickly, it's the waking up that's taking a toll.  I feel like I'm foggy...like I have a terrible head cold but my sinuses are fine.  The fog lasts a good hour before I can really get going.  I'm just glad we still have time to relax before school starts end of August.

We enjoyed the 4th of July at my sister's home:


And I found a Taco Tico!


The morning after we arrived home on the sleeper sofa 
(even the dog had problems finding energy!)


Here's a sunset from 30,000+ feet in the air,
greeting the sunrise in England.


The next card club is August 6th...after I put away all my purchases (of course I bought craft supplies), I'll start crafting again.  Thanks for stopping by!

Comments