Windsor Castle!

The kids and I had a good time Saturday as we visited Windsor Castle for the first time!

The town is built up around the castle with modern shopping, fun eateries, and history along the Thames River.  We had lunch (see below photo) at the Blarney Stone...Olivia and I had lasagna and Isaac had pizza.  

Below is St. George's Chapel which is located inside the walls of Windsor castle.


The castle and cathedral were oozing with history.  Here's a list of those buried here - to include 10 monarchs (i.e. King Henry VI, VIII and Jane Seymour.  We also saw Mary's State Apartments (apartment, yeah, right?!) and her famous Dollhouse.  Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to take photos inside the chapel or apartments.  The rest of the castle is off limits as it's occupied by the queen and other important people in her "court."

They had some guards too, on duty.  I'm sure this guy DESPISES tourists!  I'm sure glad my military husband doesn't have to wear a fur hat year-round!


Here's a view from the street of one of the towers.


This was a fun nonfunctioning phone booth with some great artwork (with castle in the background):

 Amongst the shopping...we found the candy store.  I took a photo of all the American candy that isn't always easy to find on their economy:

Their "Crooked House" with Isaac trying to hold it up:


My first Green mailbox encounter:


Tourist season is in full swing, as it was a busy day with crowds.  I can't imagine what it's like in June or July.

Check back SOON as I have Card club today!!

Comments