It's more than just a BBQ...

Happy Memorial Day!  I wanted to create something patriotic to celebrate Memorial Day.  So many sacrifices have been made at home and abroad.  I am so thankful I have freedom:  freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom to have a Bible, freedom to an education, and freedom to even hop in my card and drive wherever/whenever I want.

I used my cuttlebug embossing folder, my big shot framelit die cut, pop dots, markers, some paper from our local arts and crafts store, ribbon I had on hand, and a stamp I purchased a few years back on my holiday to the states while we were living in Turkey.

They are all different in a little way.  I tried to make good use of my negatives/positives with the big shot framelits (using the cut out as well as what was left).




I am also a proud new owner of a Court Cabinet!  I've been looking for about 8 months for the perfect one...this one met my dimensions and budget.  My father laughed at me recently when I told him I was slowly getting into antiques.  I wanted the "fresh and modern look" when Kent and I first got married.  None of that "old" stuff.  After seeing all the mansions, castles, wood carvings, marble carvings, etc. here in England, how can you NOT love these??!! 

I have to stop purchasing, as I don't have any more room in my house...unless I get rid of the kids' beds?  Hmm, that's an idea!  Just kidding!  

Thanks for stopping by, happy Memorial Day and please say prayers and "thank a military member" whether they've separated, are currently serving, or are a veteran.  

Be safe traveling to festivities, and remember - it IS more than just a BBQ.


Comments