40!

Happy birthday to my wonderful husband!!  Today is his birthday, and he turns 40.  I want him to know how much I love him!

I'm disappointed that he hasn't received his care package/birthday box yet on his deployment.  I mailed it almost 3 weeks ago. (Sad face).

I filled it with LOTS of goodies:  homemade peanut butter cookies, balloons, muffins, twizzlers, notepads/pens, envelopes, ticky tack (to hang his kids' drawings on the wall), streamers, candles, party poppers, and whatever else I could squish in the box!  

Here's a photo of the homemade PB cookies I made (see recipe at end of this blog)


And here's a photo of the box before I sealed it up:


Last weekend Olivia and her Girl Scout troop went camping at two-mile bottom.  We did a bridging ceremony for those bridging up (using bridge in below photo), went canoeing, made hobo foil packs, cooked s'mores over the campfire, and had omelets for breakfast.  I also learned a new type of s'more:  SMEEPS!  Can you guess the ingredients?  Think hard, I bet you'll get it!  They were better than expected - YUM!


I do miss going camping...it's May in England and feels like early spring. It's cold, wet, and windy.  We all FROZE at night with the temps getting into the 40's.  So let me rephrase what I just said:  I do miss going camping in WARMER weather, haha!  Our family loved camping in Knob Noster at the state park and walking on trails (and chasing off raccoons - ok, I don't miss that part!)  

But we had a great time, and I was thankful I slept until 9:40 this morning!  Yipee!


Hope you get your birthday box SOON baby, we love you SO much!!!!!  Happy birthday Kent!


Peanut Butter Cookies

1 1/4 C flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 C butter or margarine
1/2 C peanut butter (creamy* or crunchy)
1/2 C granulated sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
1 egg
* 1/4-1/3 C chopped peanuts if using creamy PB.

Combine flour, salt, and baking soda, and set aside.  In large mixing bowl, mix butter and peanut butter until well blended; add granulated and brown sugar, mixing well, and beat in egg.  Stir flour mixture into PB mixture until well blended.  (*stir in peanuts if using creamy PB). Drop by spoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheet; flatten criss-cross with a fork, and sprinkle lightly with granulated sugar.  Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until lightly browned.  Cool on wire rack.

Makes 1 1/2 - 2 dozen cookies depending on dropped spoonful sizes.

Comments