To Keep in Touch...

My husband left Tuesday morning to start a 6 month deployment in the Middle East.  We're so thankful for technology to keep in touch:  skype, facetime, email, instant messaging.  We didn't have that when he went to Iraq.  And I remember my great aunt (God Bless her soul) saying how her husband was gone for year during WWII and all they had was mail.

I still like "snail mail."  And, snailing IT IS when you live overseas!  Mail takes average 2 weeks for arrival.  I do miss mailing things and having it only take 2-3 days.

I have always saved love notes from my sweet husband.  Rather than purchasing store-bought stationary, I decided to use my crafting skills and make him cards.  Don't worry, I don't expect him to mail back all the cards I made.  I'm hoping they're generic enough to send to family and friends if he wants too.  I had fun making these quick cards.






Comments