Nuggets

Ok, I had a request from my sister to post more recipes.  Well, I won't post more, because I love crafts (I'm working on St. Paddy's day things) - but I will post a recent recipe that I used over the weekend.

Here they are:  Brownie Nuggets

This recipe came from a book I received when I graduated from HS.  It's called Where's Mom Now That I Need Her?  It's filled with useful laundry tips, recipes, first aid, car/bicycle maintenance, etc.  It is a book that I will continue to use.  The recipes are quick and easy with ingredients I usually have on hand.  This is where I first came across the recipe "dump it cake" and "mayonnaise cake" (which is delicious by the way!)

Here's my kitchen aid ready to do most of the work for me.  And I'm getting ready to sift the ingredients.



After the ingredients, these blobs of chocolate were put on my favorite Pampered Chef bakeware (because I don't have to ever pre-grease and NOTHING sticks to it!)


Here they are fresh out of the oven


And of course on a red, white and blue Polish Pottery plate for support of country!


They weren't my favorite treat, but I did enjoy them and ate more than I should have!

Thanks for stopping by, the recipe is below.  Cheers from jolly 'ol England!

Brownie Nuggets Recipe

1/2 C shortening
2 C sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 C milk
3 1/2 C flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 C cocoa
1 C chopped nuts (I chose walnuts)
1 C raisins (I didn't use)

Cream shortening and sugar until fluffy; add eggs and vanilla.  Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa.  Stir in half of flour mixture with the creamed mixture; stir in half the milk; stir in the rest of the flour mixture, and then the rest of the milk.  Stir in nuts and raisins.  Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.  Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes; do not overbake.  Great for a crowd; makes about 3 dozen depending on size of spoonfuls.

Comments