Heat Wave!

We still have snow on the ground, but it is slowly melting.  The sun shone today and that was a blessing in itself!  In checking the weather forecast, it will be in the mid 50's within a couple of days.  That is exciting news.  It will be nice not to have to bundle all up before walking out the front door.

It was a good week.  I had a lovely lunch on Thursday celebrating with friends downtown at the Riverside.  I had "Afternoon Tea" with a couple of other ladies, and everyone else chose off the menu.  It was a great turnout with 10 total in attendance!  I sure felt the love!

Below is the second project we made at the card club last Monday.  It's a "sour cream container" filled with Valentine candy.  I used cherry cobbler paper, ribbon and ink.  I used my triple heart punch, and Hearts a Flutter stamps/framelits.  I also used the Versamark ink with a heart stamp.  These are so easy to make!
Dimensions are shown below:



How to make sour cream container:
Cut card stock at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  Snail tape the two short ends and one long end.  Roll into tube (like a  TP tube).  Pinch one end, fill with candy, and pinch the opposite end in the opposite direction.  If you want to use the punch, be sure to do so before you snail tape.  I also used my score board to score the ends.  A crimper would also do the job.
Have fun!

Comments