The List

I am a list person.  I have a sense of accomplishment as I am able to check off or cross out things on that list.  And when the list has too many cross-outs, then I move what's left to a  new list and start again.  I'm truly thankful for my iPod, as sometimes that list becomes a typed "event" on my calendar.  And I love it that I can send "event reminders" so it pops up on the screen whenever I designate it to do so.  Maybe it's a good thing as I'm not stressing out about forgetting things. Maybe it's a bad thing as I'm not challenging my memory and brain to work harder.  Regardless, I'm a bit OCD and like that about myself!

I defeated many things on my to-do list within the past 5 days.  Christmas cards done and 95% of them are mailed out (check).  Baby shower to attend with gift and card (check).  Mail some of the families' gifts stateside (check).  Put away fall decor (check).  Pull out Christmas decor (check.)  The tree is up and the lights are on - and it looks beautiful because we decorated it together as a family!

My friend Kayli is due with her baby girl end of January (3 days before my birthday).  So you know I'm rooting for her to go 3 days past her due date.  Here's the card I made for her:


They already know it's going to be a girl, and they're naming her Hannah Noel.  What a cute name!  I'm very excited for her and her hubby.  They'll make great parents.

I'm helping gift wrap today for a fundraiser at the BX, so come out and see me from 1-3.  Then I'm off to a meeting at the school, then Olivia has a play tonight (she's thrilled she only has 1 speaking line to memorize).  She's a horse...but it's better than being the back end of a camel like I was at that age for a church pageant!  LOL

I just remembered I need to make some magazine Christmas trees for Girl Scouts.  Hmm, that's not on my list.  See?  My brain still works when it wants to.  
Thanks for stopping by to read this, I'm off to work more on my list-of-the-day and finish those 5% of cards that haven't gone out yet.
Here's a sneak peak of what is in my cards...the final masterpiece will be revealed in a couple of weeks!




Comments