R.A.K.

     I think there is a kindred spirit in all of us.  A good samaritan.  A desire to do something that will help someone else out.  Yes, we get greedy...caught up in sin...take things for granted...
     Last night (well, it was about 6:30pm and it seemed later than that because it's SO dark in England when the sun goes down), there was a knock on the door.  I usually don't answer it due to unwelcome solicitations, but my Girl Scout meeting/Christmas party was earlier, and I thought someone left something and had returned to retrieve it.  At the door, there was a deaf man who had a portfolio of drawings.  He was selling them and I was being my polite self of taking the time to look at them.
     There were probably about 20 drawings.  80% of them were of animals.  I even hollered at Isaac.  They were SO amazing!  I'm a scenic buff, so I was drawn to those.  There were dogs, cats, horses, a couple of kids, a lighthouse, Italy, etc.  They are large in size, being about 11x16 and entirely done with pencil.  This gentleman was very kind.  He had the muffled voice that was common with those who are deaf.  He was selling them for 10 pounds to 15 pounds.  
     Below is my purchase.  I love looking at it.  It's so serene...so peaceful...and of course, will always remind me of England.  I bummed the money off of Kent.  His words were (before seeing what I purchased), "You're such a sucker!"
     I walked into the dining room with my purchase and a smile.  I don't think he appreciates it as much as I do, but he did say, "We'll have to get that framed."  Maybe it'll grow on him.  I paid 13 pounds for it and feel it is VERY worthy of that.  What a true artist this man is.
     So that was my Random Act of Kindness I paid a deaf man last night.  Would I have purchased it from him if he didn't have a handicap of some sort?  Possibly.  What will be your RAK for today?   Or during the holidays?  When they happen, let me know and leave a comment to share.  God has truly blessed us all in unique ways, and given us that spark to do the right thing and help our fellow men/women in need.
     Happy Holidays!


Comments