Someday...

I had an awesome Saturday with my Girl Scout troop!  My co-leader and I took 6 girls (and each had an adult) to London!  We went to the PAX Lodge - it's one of only 4 Girl Scout World centers (the other 3 are in:  India, Mexico and Switzerland).  We also worked on a badge put out by the London Girl Guide office called a "transportation" badge.  The requirement was to ride 3 London modes of transportation.  

We left the house at 8:30am arriving in Ely at the train station.  We took it to King's cross in London, hopped the tube, at lunch by Parliament Hill, walked back to the station, took a bus to PAX lodge area, (had a tour, shopped the gift shop, ate scones and drank tea, & had a pinning ceremony), took a cab back to King's Cross station, took one train to Cambridge/another back to Ely, and drove home!  WHEW!  We arrived home about 7:00pm.  What a wonderful time!

I think the highlight of my trip was getting pinned at the ceremony.  It's a special pin that you can ONLY get if you visit PAX lodge.  Olivia originally didn't want to go, but I think she had a good time.  She was exhausted, and a little grumpy.  But, par for the course.  Maybe someday she'll look back and realize what a wonderful opportunity she had living in England, living in Turkey, and experiencing things some only dream of.  Someday...
Here we are with Flat Juliette (like Flat Stanley).

Day 16: I'm thankful that we have 2 cars.
Day 17: I'm thankful for holidays and special family time.
Day 18: I'm thankful that I grew up knowing my grandparents Bill & Violet Kingsbury and Stella Murphy. I think of them often and miss them so much!
Day 20: I'm thankful for Wendy's fries and chocolate frosty (and that I get it 1x a year if I'm lucky!)

Comments