Not New York, but Old York

For the first time in my life, I did not have turkey on Thanksgiving.  I actually missed it a bit, but celebrated with ribs and bbq chicken.  I certainly didn't miss slaving away in the kitchen and ending the day with sore feet and a kink in my neck. 

We took a road trip to York. This was my 2nd visit there and a first for Kent and the kids.  It was just a fabulous the 2nd time around!

We saw the wonderful York Minster to include a tour of the tower (and all 275 steps each way), walked the Wall, saw Clifford's Tower, the Castle Museum/dungeon, and visited the daily market.  What wonderful history this town boasts.  William the Conqueror has ties to this town as well as vikings thru their Jorvik museum.  

We stayed two nights at a B&B within walking distance to downtown and ate our Thanksgiving meal at Frankie and Benny's.  Yum!


We then spent Sunday at the Birmingham/Frankfurt Christmas market! 
It was well worth the extra time on the road.


Tomorrow I'm focusing my efforts on my Christmas cards.  I have finally narrowed down the layout/colors and such, and have started cutting, punching, and stamping.  Now to put away the fall decorations and get out Christmas.  There are not enough hours in the day sometimes.  Am I alone in those thoughts?  Leave me a comment and let me know!



Comments