Pumpkins and kangaroo steak

Yes, you read correctly.
Pumpkins and kangaroo steak...that's what I saw this weekend!

The kids and I went to the pumpkin patch on Saturday.  It was a bit chilly, but otherwise wonderfully sunny.  We had fun with the quiz questions in the corn maze, and mom made them take a photo:



There were some unusual pumpkins this year.  Lots of dark green ones, some white ones (not spray painted), and very odd shaped ones.  Sorry, I am an old fuddy-duddy and I'll stick to my orange ones thank you very much!
The kids preferred the orange ones too.







 Is this a spider pumpkin?  haha!

Saturday night was DATE NIGHT!  I love date nights, where I can spend one-on-one time with my wonderful hubby.  We joined 3 other couples at a restaurant in Littleport which is by Ely.
The MENU was filled with hidden wonders.  Of course we were feeling brave and tried a couple.  I had the water buffalo steak...    

and hubby had the Kangaroo Steak.

Well, they were both wonderful and I'd have them again!  Too bad we didn't have room for crocodile burger...but we made room for the Banoffee dessert.  Bananas, caramel, nuts, ice cream...it was SO good.  My friend Julie and I shared it.  Yum!!

Sunday afternoon Isaac went to a birthday party at Thetford Forest.  They needed an extra adult chaperone for the Go Ape.  I don't know what I was thinking.  This was totally out of my comfort zone but I did it anyway.  It was wonderful and exhausting after 3 hours later!  I'm not too sore today...so that's a good sign!
Although, I might need a nap this afternoon.

Thanks for stopping by!  Please leave a comment!  :)






Comments