In Memory...

A dear childhood friend of mine lost her father yesterday to lung cancer.  He hadn't smoked a day in his life.  It was a diagnosis less than a year ago, and he fought a glorious battle.  He was singing God's praises practically and literally until a couple of days before he entered into eternity.  I have great childhood memories with my friend and her father:  numerous sleepovers with him reminding us it was time to go to bed, solos he sang with his rich bass voice in church, their backyard musical productions they put on for the neighborhood were always wonderful.

I made a sympathy card for my friend.  I wish so much I could fly to the states and hug her.  I wish I could be there in person for her.  Such is the life we lead as a military family.  But for now, until I fly home next summer to the states and see her, this is just about all I can do.

So say a prayer for all those who are cancer survivors, those currently battling cancer, those who have lost the battle, and those who will suffer with cancer in the future.  My prayers are also for scientists to find a cure...RIP Pat M.

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face." Eleanor Roosevelt



Comments