Hiya!

That's the greeting the brits use around here "hiya" followed by "you all right, mate?"  That's slang for Hi, how are you?  It takes some getting used to, but I do say it to my british neighbors and when I'm out and about.  That's what you do when you're in the military.  You adapt.

In Turkey, Kent always called me Abla (Turkish for woman).  Here, he calls me Mate.  But then again, he also calls the dog Mate.  Really?  Are you serious?  I told him he isn't allowed to call the dog the same name he also uses for me.  So he needs to revert back to what he called me in Missouri:  sweetie.  Yeah, that's the ticket to a woman's heart!  (Yes, he really calls the dog "mate.")  And I am sweet-er when you call me by a name that speaks to ME!  lol

Here's a card I made recently for a friend...but I haven't seen her yet to deliver it.  The flowers and grass are all from a retired stampin up set.  But the colors are the new ones (2012-2014 In Color), the words are from Happiest Birthday Wishes and my favorite....is the butterfly!  It's from the Sweet Summer set and I colored it with chalk.

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to leave a comment.

Cheers!
Dayna

Comments